9.22.2010

boo!

Paperlili got me in the Halloween mood as she's been blogging bits and pieces of Halloween craftiness and decor for the past couple weeks. The one that made me go "ooooooh I need to do that" were the blingy black pumpkins. They were lovely, sparkly...and we all need an excuse to use glitter glue every once and awhile. So we printed off some coupons for Michaels and drove away. Luckily the pumpkins were already half off - that meant fill the cart with pumpkins for everyone!


The girls loved doing these! They were totally in their element. Sparkles...glitter...glue... :)


We still have a few more pumpkins to do, I want to attempt a solid sparkly bat on the last black pumpkin we bought, and I'm planning on sending a couple to my Halloween-loving momma.


Our new Halloween bunting banner - a great way to use up scraps of fabric! Trick on one side, treat on the other:




Since we now own a plethora of rhinestones, I wanted to try my hand at making a blinged-out yoyo garland. Using one of the nifty Clover yoyo makers I whipped up about 50 yoyos over the past few days, gave the girls the glitter glue again and had them put a rhinestone in the middle of each one. I started hand-sewing them together for the garland, but gave that up and bar tacked them together on the sewing machine. It went much quicker - nap time is precious time anymore. :)


I ended up with about 8 feet, with plans to drape it around the top of the TV armoire under the pumpkins as soon as the last few rhinestones dry (some popped off as I was sewing them together - note to self to put rhinestones on after bar tacking next time).

At first I thought the yoyos were going to take forever, but they actually came together pretty quickly once I got the hang of it. A relaxing craft to do while watching TV on the couch after the kiddos are in bed! Heather Bailey has a yoyo tutorial here if you want to make them without using a yoyo maker.

Or, if you don't have the time to make your own, yoyocottage on Etsy has a bunch of Halloween-themed yoyos in her shop that you can purchase and bling out yourself. Or you can even send her your own Halloween (or Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.) fabrics for a custom order! Easy peasy!

No comments: