7.17.2010

double trouble

Our friends welcomed sweet little twin boys into the world this week! As soon as we found out their names I got started on some baby gifts. The bedding that they had registered for was uber-cute, so we picked up a package of receiving blankets from the same collection to rework into some soft custom blankets.


I cut the receiving blankets (stripes, leaves and animals) into different sized strips and then sewed the strips together for each new blanket.


On each seam I used a chicken scratch (don't think that's the right name but that's what I call it) stitch in coordinating colors.


The little guys' names are appliqued across the bottom right side of each blanket in light blue minky fabric.


The backing is a plush brown cuddle fabric.


A few months down the road they should be able to use this nice fat stack of bibs. ;) With the remaining pieces of the receiving blankets I pieced together two custom bibs to match.


And with the smaller scraps I was even able to make a couple of taggie blankets.

No comments: